Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(03-22-2020, 12:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I got SAF two weeks ago. Felt fluish Friday evening, then Sunday felt so bad went to a convenient care. When I got there I had a fever of 101, so not horrible, but I’m kinda one of those wimpy guys that women make fun of that can’t function with a fever over 99. Anyway, my nose was swabbed (but not really. Barely touched a nose hair, I think the girl swabbing wasn’t trained correctly). Test came back negative for flu and even tho I was coughing like a madman, doc said my lungs sounded clear, but sent me to hospital for chest X-ray, which also came back clear. She prescribed me prednisone, cough suppressant and an antibiotic. I missed work M-T-W then went to work Thursday because I hadn’t had a fever in a few days (chest and stomach felt horrible due to the coughing). Thursday afternoon, left work early and went to family dr. He started treating me for pneumonia after listening to my chest. I missed work Friday as well. I was able to go to work last week, but the coughing is still bad. I have a huge bruise on my right side about 2x7 inches long which I can’t even imagine how it got there. Then Friday after work (2 days ago), in a coughing spree, it felt like someone hit my upper right back muscle with a spoon. The pain is real. Think I might have pulled a muscle.

My wife got sick 3 days after mine started with the same symptoms. Dry cough, fever, etc. She missed 4 days of work as well. I took her to the Dr. that Thursday and she tested positive for influenza A. She has been in so much pain it has brought her to tears (totally unlike her. Sickness doesn’t bring her down, but this time has floored her). I feel bad if I gave it to her, but also inevitable as we spend so much time together. She insisted on taking care of me before she got it, and as mentioned above, I’m a wimp when sick so wouldn’t have argued with her anyway. However, seeing her in so much pain made me feel horrible.

Fast forward to today, we both are still suffering from the cough. At least now it’s not always dry and can actually get some of that crap out of our lungs. With me not having a true diagnosis of what I had, and my wife being diagnosed with inf-A, I’m hoping that we both have already been infected with coved-19 (I’ve read about many cases of contracting both viruses at once - although not common). In both our cases, neither of us has ever been this sick before. If not, we both worry of getting it because we haven’t fully recovered from this one. She has low risk because she’s locked in at home. My risk is much higher due to my employment and the industry I work in. I guess we shall see, but in this house, there are two sets of fingers crossed.

I hope you and your wife get well soon.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - George Cantstandya - 03-22-2020, 03:46 PM