Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(03-23-2020, 04:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Hope you are getting better.

Hope you and the wife are doing better as well.  Both of you please keep us updated on how you are doing.

I got a bit weirded out yesterday because I kept having to clear my throat and felt a little congested.  But I think it is just allergies.  I mowed my lawn yesterday and I think it was just debris in the air I was breathing in from mowing.  No fever and it has cleared up now.  

My Mom is still having a hard time dealing with this as a person over age 70.  She has not been sleeping well and told me today she wakes up several times a night.  When she called me today I asked her to make a deal with me to stop following the news and not log in to Facebook after 6:00 PM because I think it gets stuck in her mind when she reads all the bad news and doesn't help her rest.  She does those adult coloring books so I told her to do that in the evening, try to exercise a bit, and do anything not related to following the Covid-19 news.  I'm going to send her a text tonight at 6PM to remind her.

It kind of sucks because she only lives 10 miles from me and I wish I could do more to make her feel better.  I made sure she has plenty of food and other supplies before this got to the point it is. But we decided it was best to not visit in person for awhile.  Her husband is at risk due to prior lung cancer and the treatment involved having part of his left lung removed.  So I won't get to see her for awhile.   Laugh all you want, but I would appreciate a hug from my Mom right now.  

That is one issue I think is not talked about as much as it should be, and that is the psychological impact it is having on people.  Many people are not used to being isolated.  So I suggest if there is someone you know, a friend or family member that may not be dealing with this well, give them a call, email, or video chat and spend some time just talking to them.  Maybe it is a good time to contact that old friend you have been meaning to talk to but just didn't for one reason or another to check in and say hello.

Thanks George. Sounds like your doing the right things. I can only imagine the paranoia your mom must be feeling. FB is so full of crap and every other post is COVID related. It would be cool if people just did what they were being asked to do. Don't go out unless you need to. Maybe that way it would free up some TP and hand sanitizer. People are creating a state of scarcity and they really don't need to do so. There is still enough to go around for everyone and the trucks are moving. Really no need for it. Also, the youth need to take this seriously. I mean, we were all young once and we thought we were invincible and knew everything, yet we weren't and we didn't know shit. 

With all the confusion and uncertainty right now, there is one thing I'm sure of and it's that I've washed my damn hands so much in the last few weeks it's driving me crazy. I've never been afraid of germs until after getting sick because it's going to take a few more weeks to get my strength back together, and I don't want to catch Covid (if I didn't already have it) while trying to recover from whatever else it was I was dealing with. Geez.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - HarleyDog - 03-23-2020, 05:28 PM