Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(03-23-2020, 06:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Well done! The part about misinformation is the really disturbing thing to me. 

Yeah, I had a Facebook account for a bit until I saw all the privacy issues and other BS and then I deleted my account.  The amount of bullshit that gets posted there and goes viral is alarming.  As an example, one thing my mom told me she saw posted by people many times on FB was a rumor that people over 70 would not receive medical treatment if they got sick with Covid-19 due to lack of resources.   So she was a bit worried people her age would just be left on their own if they get sick. My mom is no dummy but at her age she isn't the best at understanding the ways of the Internet. So seeing things like that spread on FB, I can see why she would be concerned.

Then there is all the other BS posted on social media. People posting things like breathing in hot air from a hair dryer to kill coronavirus and shit like that.  The Internet is a great thing for many reasons, but it also gives a lot of idiots and people with no real knowledge a larger voice than they should have.

Sorry going a bit off topic here.  So I'll leave it at that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - George Cantstandya - 03-23-2020, 07:37 PM