Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
Took the clippers to my hair the other day.  I usually let my hair grow out during winter and since I won't be able to go get a haircut anytime soon just shaved it all off as short as the clippers would take it.  Feels good actually.

I read a news article the other day where they arrested some idiot in Cincinnati because he was streaming on Youtube a large gathering of people dancing in the street together and on cars stating, "We don't give a f*** about this coronavirus."  I won't link the Youtube video because I don't want to give them the attention they obviously are craving.   Apparently he was arrested for not only violating the stay at home order but for encouraging others to violate the order.  

I'm going a little stir crazy because I'm a fairly social person.  I think I'm on page 12,000 of reading the entire Internet by now.  :)   But I have been able to do some video chats with friends and family so that helps.   My Mom and her husband drove by my house the other day so we could chat from a distance.  Good to see them in person.

I tried to hand sew a face mask out of an old pillow case and some elastic I had and failed miserably. It fell apart when I put it in the wash. I hear they are now saying it is a decent idea to wear one out in public in case you might be a carrier and don't know it and as a bit of defense. So it seems it could not hurt to wear one if going to the store for food or whatever. But you can't find them available on Amazon and such. I found Etsy and people are sewing them and selling them. Be advised though they are not medical grade but just a bit of extra protection I suppose. I ordered a washable one from a person in Texas that is sewing them and shipping them for free with 10% of the sales going to a local food pantry. It should arrive this week. Even if I don't use it since I don't plan to go anywhere for awhile at least part of the money is going to a good cause.

I'm going to share this Youtube video though because I think it is really good and helpful.  This was made by a critical care pulmonologist who is working on the front lines treating Covid-19 patients at a hospital in NYC.  I think it was originally made as group chat to give information to his friends and family but was shared on Youtube.   It is about an hour long but well worth the time and he does some Q&A.  The TLDR is wash your hands, don't touch your face, and keep distance.  But there is a lot of other great information shared by this doctor about how to handle things, how Covid-19 affects most people, how it is most commonly transmitted and what to do if you feel sick. If you watch it all it makes things seem more manageable and a bit less scary if you follow the simple rules.    I highly suggest watching it.

Here is the URL for those that may not be able to see the video on the forum:  "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YitWZj9QhdQ" without the quotation marks.

Here is the video:

Other than that I saw a rabbit in my back yard the other day. She was there last year as well and had babies that ran around the yard. I think she sets home up under my deck. So if food runs low I can at least have some rabbit. Wink Stay safe everyone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - George Cantstandya - 04-06-2020, 03:08 PM