Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(04-08-2020, 10:01 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think I may have a problem. Although I haven't been out of this house for about a month, I am starting to have "digestive" problems. I have vomited 3 times in the last 24 hours, I barely have any appetite, and am also having the shits.

I have been reading about the link between GI problems and Covid-19. And I got pretty freaked out. It seems this is becoming a more recognized early stage of the virus. So I called my local Health Department and they asked me if I was running a fever, which I'm not. The lady told me that since I was running no fever it was just a 24 hour bug.

I am going to call my family doctor, and maybe the hospital here, and see if I should be tested because I have so many risk factors. Do any of you guys know about the digestive issue? I'm nervous as hell.

Panic

Some do get GI symptoms along with mostly respiratory symptoms. Like the health department advised, if you don’t have a fever and don’t have a strong contact history you don’t meet their testing protocol. It’s most likely a gastroenteritis that will run its course over 3-5 days. But, it is reasonable to call your doctor for advice. This week most family practice offices in my area have been closed for in office visits and they have switch to telemedicine on their computer. Your doctor may be doing this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-08-2020, 11:30 AM