Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(04-09-2020, 01:52 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Luckily I am working from home, so my risk of getting is pretty low. 

I have cut down on going to the grocery once a week, using gloves, handwipes, soon a mask, and a can of Lysol I keep in the car to spray everything down I touched. I go about 8 in the morning too, trying to avoid people. 

From what I have read, and it could be very wrong, but the suggestion is not to wear gloves when grocery shopping. I think there was something about gloves making it easier to cross contaminate things as well as giving a false sense of security.  From what I know the best thing is to wash hands before and after grocery shopping and again not touch your face.  Despite being hesitant I did go to the grocery this morning because I wanted some ground beef and a few other items.  I am low on sanitary wipes and the store no longer has them by the entrance.  So I made a solution with bleach and water, sprayed liberally on a paper towel, then put it in a plastic bag.  I then used that to wipe down my cart handle at the store.  I have a bit of hand sanitizer as well, put a small amount in a bit of plastic wrap, tied it up and put it in my pocket.  When I got back to my car I used it to sanitize my hands before I touched the steering wheel, shift knob and before taking my mask off.  

When I got home I washed my hands again, stored the groceries and again washed my hands.  Maybe a bit of overkill but better safe than sorry.  The mask is a good idea.  I wore mine and about half the people at the store were wearing them.  It may not be a medical grade safeguard but it doesn't hurt by any means and is suggested from what I have read.

(04-09-2020, 10:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Took it back to the look from the coma and shaved my head!

My lungs were destroyed in the wreck, so I'm screwed if I get this.  I've been staying in my place and away from everyone besides for my sister and brother-in-law, and even then I keep my distance except my brother-in-law did shave my head yesterday.

I also always have my hands by my eyes and mouth, so I'm really in trouble if it gets on my hands.

I imagine this must be very stressful and difficult for you given your situation.  It is tricky to stop touching the face.  Heck every time I think, "Don't touch my face," it seems my face, nose and eyes start itching.  One thing the doctor in the video I posted above suggested is to wear a mask for a bit even at home because it can help train you to stop touching your face.  And as suggested above wash your hands regularly.

Stay safe and take care Brad.

My local Kroger seems to be doing a good job keeping food in stock from what I saw during my visit. Cleaning supplies with bleach are still empty. Pasta is still gone as well but plenty of pasta sauce and cans of Skyline. But there was a decent amount of other food items. I stopped in the attached liquor store to pick up a few bottles of Stay At Home relaxing agents and made the cashier laugh when I told her, "This is probably the only time when it is acceptable to wear a mask in a liquor store." Then again I bet I'm not the first person to make that joke. Kind of like when an item won't ring up and you say, "Well it must be free then." Big Grin

It's a bit comforting to see that food is still in good supply. I think there has been some concern over that. I read that Kroger is giving an hourly bonus to their workers. For those of us lucky enough to mostly stay at home the people that produce the food, deliver it, and stock the food shelves are very much appreciated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - George Cantstandya - 04-10-2020, 02:28 PM