Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(04-10-2020, 02:28 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: From what I have read, and it could be very wrong, but the suggestion is not to wear gloves when grocery shopping. I think there was something about gloves making it easier to cross contaminate things as well as giving a false sense of security.  From what I know the best thing is to wash hands before and after grocery shopping and again not touch your face.  Despite being hesitant I did go to the grocery this morning because I wanted some ground beef and a few other items.  I am low on sanitary wipes and the store no longer has them by the entrance.  So I made a solution with bleach and water, sprayed liberally on a paper towel, then put it in a plastic bag.  I then used that to wipe down my cart handle at the store.  I have a bit of hand sanitizer as well, put a small amount in a bit of plastic wrap, tied it up and put it in my pocket.  When I got back to my car I used it to sanitize my hands before I touched the steering wheel, shift knob and before taking my mask off.  

When I got home I washed my hands again, stored the groceries and again washed my hands.  Maybe a bit of overkill but better safe than sorry.  The mask is a good idea.  I wore mine and about half the people at the store were wearing them.  It may not be a medical grade safeguard but it doesn't hurt by any means and is suggested from what I have read.

See I treat the gloves like if I didnt have them on. ALso I always park by a cart corral, as I put the cart in it, take a glove off to open car up and put groceries in, then throw gloves away without touching anything on and in the car, and my face as well. Then just to be extra sure, a bit of hand sanitizer. When I get home, I wash my hands after putting groceries away. The main thing is that the gloves keep my hands from having contact while also being extra careful while wearing them too.

Now I live in an area where there are hardly any cases we know of. If this was to be a hot spot, I would sanitize the groceries when I got them here. Hopefully it doesnt come to that.

ALso on the bleach solution you are using. I was reading up on it on the CDC website. They said the bleach shouldn't be more than a year old, and have been stored in a non-hot area. Something about it loses effectiveness in killing germs/bacteria the older it gets. Just a heads up on that in case you (and others) didn't know.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - Millhouse - 04-10-2020, 07:37 PM