Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(04-10-2020, 07:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: See I treat the gloves like if I didnt have them on. ALso I always park by a cart corral, as I put the cart in it, take a glove off to open car up and put groceries in, then throw gloves away without touching anything on and in the car, and my face as well. Then just to be extra sure, a bit of hand sanitizer. When I get home, I wash my hands after putting groceries away. The main thing is that the gloves keep my hands from having contact while also being extra careful while wearing them too.

Now I live in an area where there are hardly any cases we know of. If this was to be a hot spot, I would sanitize the groceries when I got them here. Hopefully it doesnt come to that.

ALso on the bleach solution you are using. I was reading up on it on the CDC website. They said the bleach shouldn't be more than a year old, and have been stored in a non-hot area. Something about it loses effectiveness in killing germs/bacteria the older it gets. Just a heads up on that in case you (and others) didn't know.

Like I said above, some thought is that wearing gloves might cross contaminate easier than bare hands.  I can't recall where I saw that.  Maybe I dreamed it or something as I have not been sleeping well for awhile.  But from what I recall they are not really necessary as long as as you practice proper hand hygiene, don't touch your face etc.  I don't know, there seems to be so much conflicting information these days and it is hard to keep track of it all. The main thing gloves or not seems to be just stop touching your face. It might be seen by many as extreme but I handle everything as if it potentially has Covid-19 on it. I wash my hands every time I handle my food, before and after preparing as well as regularly disinfecting things I touch often like sink handles, keys, doorknobs, keyboard and mouse and my cell phone. My house is defiantly the cleanest it has ever been.

As for the bleach, yeah it does expire to some degree.  I have 3 gallons that I bought in February when I saw things starting to get worse with Covid-19 as well as another used bottle that is less than 6 months old I use for laundry and used for my bleach solution. All stored in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight with my other supplies. As I posted some time ago, I'm a bit of a prepper just not at the same level as people in those TV shows.  So I'm good for awhile when it comes to having bleach that is effective.  

On a side note, once this is all over I will be good if I never have to hear, "in these uncertain times" and other variations used in commercials again. Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - George Cantstandya - 04-10-2020, 09:05 PM