Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
Scary week for me.

My company arguably falls in the essential category. While we could have easily closed down due to limited work, the powers that be elected to go to a 40 hour week of 10 hour days Monday - Thursday, allowing the entire facility to be closed and empty for 3 days to hopefully have a clean building come Monday mornings.

Monday morning we got word that a coworker was out the last two days of last week because a family member got tested. The family member works in a correctional facility with a big outbreak, so there was definite concern the employee would be infected if the result was positive. It turns out the family member received a positive result on Saturday, so the employee was tested and everyone was holding their breath Monday and Tuesday awaiting results. They came back negative, and everyone had a sigh of relief. Suddenly word came out late last night that a different employee, who had not been in this week, has in fact tested positive and we would be closed today for his area to be deep cleaned. The message ended with a statement that there has not yet been a determination on Monday and beyond.

To me, that sounds like the intent is to call "all clear" and get everyone back in the building without having any idea of who else may have been infected by the individual, rather than shutting down for two weeks and having everyone who is symptom free return after the 14 days. For the first time since the beginning of the pandemic I feel like going to work is going to become a game of Russian Roulette.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - jfkbengals - 04-23-2020, 09:51 AM