Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only)
(04-24-2020, 10:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: This idea of essential seems ambiguous at best anymore. It's essential if it's how you earn your living, but is it essential to the public at large? Here in South Carolina they're gambling with everyone's lives every day and opening almost everything again despite the risks. The day I start believing a politician who suggest people inject themselves with poison is the day I just give up and go ahead and drown myself. 

Yup.  Despite a Stay At Home order here in VA, people are out and about continuously.  And there was an order to close all businesses which are not essential, but the same statement said stores which adhere to 10 or less patrons can stay open.  I have a coworker whose wife owns a brick and mortar store that buys and sells knick knacks and such, as well as rents space to vendors to peddle homemade goods and such.  There is absolutely nothing about what is done there that can come close to complying with what is deemed essential according to the available lists, and yet they can remain open for people to come in and browse because there are less than 10 customers inside at a given time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid-19 Discussion (Non-Political Only) - jfkbengals - 04-24-2020, 12:21 PM