Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference with this Free agent haul
(03-26-2020, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It would be stupid to have let AJ test the market especially after Burrow said he wants him here.

Fred is just trying to bring everybody down today for some odd reason. Ignore him.

Plus it is 18 mil, not 19 and we can negotiate a deal later that is more team friendly.

I wasn't trying to be a prique, but asking a serious question.  I struggled with it, but there is no way he isn't here this year at the very least.  Without someone like Amari Cooper (who I just don't see as a $20 million per year player....now Hopkins?)  on the roster in his place, I don't roll out the WR corps that are a lot of pieces, but no one complete like AJ.  

As much as the National Media wasn't given much to piss on the Bengals with respect to Green not being thrilled to play under the tag, not one outlet said how they have until a certain date to work out an extension.  Maybe the Bengals are actually confident they will be able to do that now?  If the incentives are there and they can say "could earn as much as 21 million per year", it would go a long way to soothing Green's ego.  So many times it is not what is "fair" market, but if Cooper got 20 per year and Green views himself as superior to him... I'm sure the guaranteed money is the catch, but I think they may still be able to come to terms with a deal.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - SHRacerX - 03-27-2020, 07:53 AM