Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference with this Free agent haul
The sports world loves to toss out phrases such as THE GREATEST of ALL TIME..GOAT.. The problem with such phrases is time never stops. Someone (or several someone's), someday will probably break all the records and those records in turn will be broken eventually. The GOAT only counts if the game just ceases to exist and even then new games will pop up periodically and nobody will care about the old games. Same with generational talents. There can be and often are more than one generational talent. Think Shortstops in baseball or pitchers.. There have been quite a few over the years.

Anyway..the thing that strikes me is the Bengals seem to be doing the right thing in free agency the one season we don't even know if there will even be a season. Heck, for all we know huge gatherings of people will remain banned for a few years which could potentially bankrupt the league or at least a few teams.. I'm not saying that will happen, but it might. If he go into a global depression there won't be huge gatherings of people to watch games just because few will be able to afford to go unless they cut ticket prices to zilch just to get new fans.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - grampahol - 03-28-2020, 10:02 AM