Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference with this Free agent haul
(03-27-2020, 04:02 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: If you take away Dre, DD, Vigil, etc and add in Waynes, Bell, Bynes, etc, their pass coverage abilities overall are much worse. 

Fine, we did a much better job upgrading against the run but we're almost robbing Peter to pay Paul. 

This may sound odd, but a better rush defense will make it easier to pass defense.  Like I said, 3rd and 9 vs. 3rd and 2.

I seriously doubt that Dre should be on the side of better pass coverage.  And we didn't lose a safety for Vonn Bell.  He was a plus acquisition.  Dennard for Alexander is a tough one.  I really liked Dennard, but he would have commanded roughly $4-6 million more per year to retain than adding the younger, and more durable, Alexander.  Bynes is an overall superior player to Vigil.  

One thing that is often discounted when comparing player stats to player stats is how did that player's team fare with them?  Waynes, Bell, Bynes, Alexander, and Reader all came from playoff teams.  What did Vigil and Dre do in the past few years?  When the game is on  the line, opposing teams targeted them.  No longer.  

It wasn't robbing Peter to pay Paul.  It was cutting Peter because he couldn't get the job done in the only category that matters:  wins.  Paul has a better resume and therefor got the job.  Will it pay off?  I sure hope so, but you need to look beyond someone's PFF ratings and think about game situations and overall making plays to help the team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - SHRacerX - 03-28-2020, 11:20 AM