Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference with this Free agent haul
(04-02-2020, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: List your qualifications to judge NFL players.

People who act like they have enough credibility to say things like "The only thing that matters is my opinion" crack me up when they have NOTHING to back up their opinion.

I dunno. Maybe these guys are wrong.... 

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2020/3/7/21168655/the-ravens-should-re-sign-josh-bynes 

Bynes quietly had one of the strongest seasons among linebackers. His PFF grade of 79.4 ranked sixth among linebackers this season. This is not an isolated occurrence, either; he had a PFF rating of 75.3 with the Cardinals in 2018. That included a run defense grade of 80.2. 

While Bynes is a good run defender, he really stood out in pass coverage. Opponets had a passer rating of only 47.4, when targeting him. Let's compare that to his fellow inside linebackers. 

Opponent passer rating when targeted 
Josh Bynes: 47.4
L.J. Fort: 84.1 
Patrick Onwuasor: 118.6 
Chris Board: 118.7 

Looks solid to me. Sure he's a bit older, but still producing and it takes two Fred. We did try to get the other younger ones but we got beat out contract wise or the wanted to play for a specific team. When you compare our other signings, this one is a good bargain for the production and a NEED. 

What do you have backing your claims besides what you say?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - Mike M (the other one) - 04-03-2020, 04:17 AM