Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals looking to sign veteran backup QB.
I just don't see them going into a season with Finely if something were to happen to keep JB off the field unless the plan is to tank another season and have the top picks again. The stands (if there's even a season at all) would be all but completely empty so the question that would have to be answered would be...Who's going to pay players salaries? With few paying customers and TV revenue in the shitter the money would have to come from somewhere and I kind of doubt the general public would stand for a taxpayer bailout for the Bengals or any other team for that matter.  I'm not sure what is going to happen, but some of the predictions for the future are not looking good. If Covid19 picks back up and starts killing a lot more people than anyone expects we ain't gonna see much football for a while. It's not AS IF any city can completely subsidize a pro football team if a 3rd of the population is out of work or worse, dead or dying. 
To use a popular phrase, In these uncertain times...anything is possible I guess. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals looking to sign veteran backup QB. - grampahol - 05-05-2020, 09:40 AM