Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals looking to sign veteran backup QB.
(05-05-2020, 10:53 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: It seems like some of you guys think that the back-up QB should be a potential All-pro QB.  Bengals had Finley as a back-up for goodness sake last year!  Just about any vet would be better than him.  I'm not going to complain if they bring whomever in.  I will probably have a hissy fit if they keep Finley at #2.

Agree. some posts are reverse in their logic for sure.. 

As a Coach I wanted to better my team not make it worse.. the idea that we should not have a quality BACKUP QB makes no sense.. you allot $$ for backups and hope to find the best you can for that amount..... I guess we need to just stop looking for backups in all positions.. makes no sense at all

Also just because Burrow might go down does not mean teams stop playing.. teams and players and coaches continue to play and improve their game as do Coaches.. You want to hopefully have a good to decent backup QB to help you do that.  

This idea of "team tanking" goes no where. all it does is breed a losing culture.. Look at Miami.. that was said last year.. they made moves to better their roster in their eyes for the future.. that is different than "tanking" and they actually played well at end of year and the culture systems to have changed down there..  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals looking to sign veteran backup QB. - Essex Johnson - 05-05-2020, 12:20 PM