Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals looking to sign veteran backup QB.
(05-06-2020, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am expecting us to contend for the playoffs this year.

Same. Key word is "contend", but yeah...I think people always overestimate how long it takes to turn a team around. This isn't baseball, where a rebuild takes 5-6 years. Mike dumped a ton of money into free agency this year, and we filled a ton of holes in free agency. Not to mention the shiny new franchise QB.

We should be in contention for a playoff spot this year. I expect 7-9 at a bare minimum, and 10-6 if things go well.

Anything below 7-9 means something really went wrong, IMO.

(05-08-2020, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *Translation*

“I traded up for, and wasted, a 4th round pick on Ryan Finley so he’s our backup QB”

I don’t like this.

Although it's hard telling (with our organizational structure) who wanted Finley, that's pretty much the message I'm getting by them not looking for a vet QB to sit behind Burrow. That's pretty much football 101. Teams with rookie QB's almost always have an experienced guy behind them. There's also the small matter of Finley being doo doo butter.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals looking to sign veteran backup QB. - Shake n Blake - 05-09-2020, 06:36 PM