Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
NFL's 4th and 15 proposal and the Bengals
(05-24-2020, 10:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yuppies?

WTF are you drama queens crying about.  There have been changes to the game constantly for the entire life of the game.  Did yuppies make the forward pass legal?  Did they invent face maskes?  Did  they move the goalposts from the goal line to the back of the end zone?  

In 1977 Bert Jones led the league with 2800 passing yards, and the league average was 141 passing yards per game.  Ken Andersons 69.7 passer rating was good for 9th in the league.  After that season the NFL changed the rules so that a defender could no longer maintain physical contact with a receiver more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.  It revolutionized the game and changed it into what we like to watch today.  If the yuppies were responsible for that then I want to thank them.

This current rule proposal is a tiny change that effects way less than 1% of the plays in a season and people are comparing it to baseball players riding horses?

And WTF do "yuppies" have to do with any of this?

Obviously there have been good rule changes in every sport, wearing helmets comes to mind. If you don’t see that changes are more than about improving the game then I don’t know what to tell you. Political correctness and changes just to say they changed something is my gripe. I’m sorry if the word yuppie sets you off, I’ll use do-gooder the next time. People have a need to feel important and this brings on many of these changes. Unless something is absolutely detrimental, leave it alone. There’s no such thing as the perfect game but the thing that makes it closest to perfect is tradition.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL's 4th and 15 proposal and the Bengals - Circleville Guy - 05-24-2020, 01:29 PM