Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
NFL's 4th and 15 proposal and the Bengals
(05-24-2020, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe I have just lived through enough to see that change does not destroy any sport.  And I have seen BIG changes.  I remember baseball purists heads were exploding over the designated hitter.   I remember when there was no three point shot in basketball, and I remember the brutal "thug ball" of the NBA in the '80's and '90's.  When I first became an NFL fan the passing game was at it's lowest level of the modern era.  The passing numbers from the early to mid seventies were worse than the in the 50's and 60's.  They made a major rule change in '78 and it changed the game forever.  If you like passing then you owe it to a rule change in the '70's.

I watch sports to see super human athletes perform amazing feats of strength, speed, and dexterity.  I watch to feed the basic human instict of competition for supremacy.  Rule changes don't make much difference to me.

I get that sometimes things need to evolve with the times. I’m guessing that you’re in the minority when it comes to people that watched 80’s NBA. It was very physical but it went from one extreme to the other. They call any little foul, they totally ignore traveling. I laugh at people that think that Lebran would have dominated in that era. He isn’t tough enough mentally to take that physical beating plus he’d get called for traveling and he’d be guarded. Watch how guys were guarded then vs. now. The Bird/Magic era will always be the greatest and both of their teams would beat any team from any era... including Jordan.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL's 4th and 15 proposal and the Bengals - Circleville Guy - 05-24-2020, 02:55 PM