Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
NFL's 4th and 15 proposal and the Bengals
(05-26-2020, 03:11 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: It's certainly not a gimmie, but it's an easier way of going about it.  I have no sympathy for a team (except the Bengals of course) that is in such a position to begin with, unless of course it's the result of bad officiating.  Which brings me to another point.  Having not looked closely at the rule, I'm assuming a PI would automatically result in a first down.  What if the PI is a bad call, then you've essentially given a free pass to that team.  And we all know the refs are more likely to screw up on a pass play than a kick.   
I can see your reservations about this but I'm really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.  

Maybe you're correct and it'll suck but I feel like it'll add more excitement to some close games. And I really don't think it's easier because it i think it has more risk if you fail by basically putting the ball in filed goal range for the other team on an incompletion. You might be right and I might be wrong but let s see how it plays first.

And itll give New Orleans a chance to find a new way to get screwed over by the refs in the post season when that pass interferance call gos against them ? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL's 4th and 15 proposal and the Bengals - motoarch - 05-26-2020, 04:53 PM