Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(10-27-2020, 09:04 AM)PhilHos Wrote: According to the CDC, in 2017, the leading cause of death in the US was heart disease. It killed almost 650,000 Americans that year. Now, I know there are plenty of researchers looking to find cures and treatments and that there is some push to make behavioral changes to lower the risks but those are usually made at the individual level. Where was the same worry? The same concern?

I get it. COVID is a virus which is contagious and you get it from other people whereas heart disease is not. I am also not saying we shouldn't mask up/social distance/try to lower the amount of infected/deaths, but heart disease killed about 3 times more in 2017 alone than COVID has yet no national discussion about lowering the #1 killer in America (in 2017 anyways). 

Much like masks and lockdown, pushing for the reduction or banning of trans fats and high fructose syrup, and implementation of healthy school lunch and activities programs was regarded as government overreach and a liberal agenda being shoved down our throats. 

In pretty sure people lost their minds when seatbelts game standard in cars. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 10-27-2020, 09:32 AM