Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OUR 5 Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season
(08-10-2020, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think we’re quite there yet. OL a huge work in progress, bunch of rookie LBers, etc. I’m feeling more 6-7 wins. Considering we only won 2 last year that would still be a pretty nice step forward.

I get it.  That is a common thought, but I think last year's team is irrelevant to this year's success with one exception:  It showed it can adapt to what it has and improved throughout the year.  Not trying to start another Marv debate with Fred but I rarely saw that under previous regime.

Look at all that is new:

Starting QB coming off best season in history of college football
AJ Green returning
Jonah Williams returning
Joe Mixon (hopefully used more as a receiver this year) end of year ascent

On defense:

DJ Reader in the middle next to Geno
Josh Bynes veteran LB coming off playoff team
Vonn Bell at SS
Mackenzie Alexander at slot CB
Trae Waynes at outside CB
Healthy WJIII

Aside from Mixon and WJIII, the rest are all-new compared to last year's squad.  And every player on that list is arguably an improvement over what was in that spot last year.  In many cases (Green, Williams, Reader, and Bell) a TREMENDOUS improvement.  

I also look at last year's squad as likely a 4-5 win team if Dalton played all 16 games, but you get what I'm saying.  

I also get what you are saying and historical logic says you will be closer to correct than my estimates.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OUR 5 Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season - SHRacerX - 08-10-2020, 02:57 PM