Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor...when it's all said and done
(09-29-2020, 08:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Jets are complete dumpster fire of an organization. With all due respect you’re wrong.

If I’m a head coach candidate (especially a first time HC) I’m hitching my wagon to Joe Burrow over those other guys and not thinking twice about it. You can’t win in this league without a QB, and we at least have that.

An important factor here is the draft position of the potential teams.  While I like Burrow better than Lawrence, a candidate might very well choose the #1 overall team (assuming it is not the Bengals) instead of us because they have a fresh lump of clay to work with.  There could very well be hesitation to take work with Burrow as he has already been coached some, and there could already be things that you have to work to change.  Now, if he were already in the elite category, a candidate surely wouldn't care.
(09-29-2020, 11:00 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Based on Mike Brown's comments about "not making other teams better" with trades and Troy Blackburn's comments on "you just can't criticize" regarding the Hart signing, it would appear that he does not. Did the scouting department change at all under Taylor? Director of player personnel? Is he just letting it ride? Or is there an organizational structure in which he plays some sort of a subordinate role to someone? 

As all of the positional coaches, coordinators, and the HC undertake a big part of the evaluation and development of the draft board; the answer is absolutely YES.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor...when it's all said and done - jfkbengals - 10-03-2020, 10:34 AM