Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor...when it's all said and done
(10-03-2020, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It didn’t take Sean McVay long to coach any bad Jeff Fisher habits out of Jared Goff...

I personally feel that was more to do with the revamped Oline over coaching, but that is just my opinion.

As to the point of McVay's success with Goff, there are just as many coaches who didn't have success that way.  Take Jameis Winston, for example.  Dirk Koetter had no success with him after a promising year under Lovie Smith.  Bruce Arians came in and also couldn't fix the issues.  There is no way to know what you are going to have in a player without getting in and working with the guy, but there is definitely something to be said for working with the player before anyone else has done so.  Again, I think Burrow is the better player regardless, but I would have to consider draft position into it.  Now, if Jonah can look like he will be a decent player by years end, and we have the #2 pick, I would think a coach would prefer us over the #1 slot, as he could grab the top tackle and have a franchise QB and 2 young bookends to protect him.  But if we are sitting in the back end of the top 10, I might be inclined to go the the team is drafting first.  Assuming either team would want me in the first place Smirk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor...when it's all said and done - jfkbengals - 10-03-2020, 11:06 AM