Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Team Needs a Stud Linebacker
(11-20-2020, 11:37 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I forgot about Rivers. Totally my bad.

It’s really not hard to understand that when you choose to not pick defensive talent early when you build through the draft that unit isn going to be very good. Until this year we never brought in quality FA either.

Maybe if they had this defensive guru who could scheme around there weaknesses and could manufacture pass rushes from almost nothing it would be different. Zimmer could do that with UDFA and one dimensional linebackers and some linemen off the streets. Ole Lou doesn’t seem to be doing it with tge Tony Browns of the NFL however.

100% agree they need a premium pass rusher.

That's actually an interesting part about that list that I never thought of until I had put it down there like that in front of me. Zimmer arrived in 2008, I doubt he had the pull to choose who they were taking with the 9th overall pick in his first season. Meanwhile of those 6 terrible 3rd round LBs, 5 of them were taken after Zimmer left with only Moch being taken while Zimmer was there and Moch seemed like pt2 of Marvin's attempt to get a Terrell Suggs/James Harrison for the Bengals (pt1 being his efforts turning Michael Johnson from a DE to a LB to a DE to a LB to a DE).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Team Needs a Stud Linebacker - TheLeonardLeap - 11-21-2020, 12:48 AM