Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sewell or trade with QB needy teams?
(11-23-2020, 11:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It gives us a legitimately great prospect at tackle who could man the spot for the next 10-15 years. Having both tackle spots and a young, talented QB locked up would allow the offense to thrive for years. The G position can be filled in FA (as said, a line of Sewell - Spain - Hopkins - XSF - Williams is not a bad line, assuming Sewell pans out as we expect).

-Sign a FA G.
-Draft Sewell.

Or they could roll with Spain and XSF as the starters next year. I think Spain has played well in his limited time here and I would like to see XSF before commenting further on him.
But again getting journeyman guards isn’t what we need. We made the dumbass decision to resign mixon. U do that u need a running game. U won’t get it there. If u draft Sewell, the oline will be the exact same as it is this year. Absolutely ass.
(11-24-2020, 11:44 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: In Jpoore's world, Sewell = Hart

<_<
No he’s an upgrade but it still wouldn’t chang ether problem of the oline.
(11-24-2020, 12:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dude has no idea what he is talking about. He said that Burrow was "way down the list of QB prospects over the last five years" and that "Tua was the surefire pick, best QB prospect since Luck". He also guaranteed that Kyler Murray would NOT be taken first overall, or in the first round at all. He said that Murray wasn't better than Haskins, plus a whole bunch more. He actually said that he could wait for Burrow to bust so we would all shut up about him. 

I don't go after posters much, but he is the most clueless poster on this board and it isn't particularly close. 
Burrow was and is way down the list. He isn’t better than mahomes. He’s not better than lawrence he’s not better than fields, etc etc. all y’all were calling him a generational prospect when he damn sure wasn’t better than luck. Also it wasn’t a talent issue with Murray. I thought teams would look at the baseball aspect. Also tua is qb1 and time will prove I’m right. And yeah sure looks great to grab burrow now Sinatra’s of trading back, LIKE I SAID and get tua or Herbert.
(11-24-2020, 01:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: He even bet Au165 that Murray wouldn't go in the first round, then welched on it after the draft.

Jpoore uses what I like to call the BBA (Best Buckeye Available) philosophy.  If Sewell played at Ohio State, he'd be riding his jock up until draft day.

I have never welched on a bet in my life. Furthermore no I wouldn’t Sewell is a tackle. We could get a haul. And Sewell would do nothing to improve the oline. Sure tackle position is better. Guess what. Burrow has 30 sacks at his point next year instead of 30 Bc 90 percent of pressures have come through the interior. . Unless the plan is to play Sewell at guard then yeah take Sewell.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Jpoore - 11-24-2020, 04:59 PM