Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sewell or trade with QB needy teams?
(11-24-2020, 08:16 PM)pulses Wrote: After that last game Fields played against IU's pressure defense and all of the TO's he can't carry Burrow's jock. Hell the IU QB has as much upside as Fields. Jpoore sometimes it's better to not say anything then to open your mouth and make yourself look worse than you already are! But you seem to do that quite a bit of the time!
Fields had by far his worst game as a pro no doubt.they confused him with that trap dog blitz with the safety. But he’s still a top qb prospect and the #2 pick, possibly even #1.
(11-24-2020, 08:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As far as trading back and still going OL? I absolutely guarantee that would result in Sewell going on to a HoF career somewhere else, and us taking some absolute scrub like Billy Price. Learn from your mistakes (losing out on Ragnow) and don’t overthink it.
I wouldn’t call the ragnow thing a mistake.. it happens. But who said we would have to take a scrub. There is 5 stud lineman in this class. If u give me a chance at getting 1 potential hall of famer on the line or 2 stud potential yearly all pros? Take the all pros. The window is now.
(11-24-2020, 08:43 PM)Benton Wrote: You have to start somewhere.

Jonah is OK at LT. He might end up great there in a few years. Sewell and Jonah give us a chance to have solid starting tackles for several years to come. Which frees us up to move people already on the roster, try for another starter later in the draft or sign a FA. Take Sewell, grab a FA or late pick, move around some existing guys and when Joe returns next fall, he's behind a completely different line.
The window is now though. With burrow on rookie deal. If some team offers 3 top 50 picks? I’m taking that all day. I’d rather have alex leatherwood and Wyatt Davis than penei Sewell.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Jpoore - 11-25-2020, 12:34 AM