Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sewell or trade with QB needy teams?
(11-26-2020, 11:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals have two solid starting tackles in WIlliams and Hart.  They also have two capable backup tackles in Adeniji and Johnson.  People will slam that and say "they suck" or that Sewell is the next Munoz, but that is my honest assessment.  Before everyone falls to in love with Sewell, he isn't seeing a murderers row of pass rushers in the awful Pac 12.

I think if you slide just a couple picks and get an additional 2nd rounder, but are still able to get Ja'marr Chase, then you do it.  I want Burrow surrounded with weapons and I want him protected.  This strategy is hingent upon them signing Joe Thuney to play RG.  He should be the #1 FA target.  Then, either Spain, Finney, or XSF can take the other guard spot.  

An additional third rounder might not sound like a lot, but it would be a top 75 pick based on where I would project them sliding.  

Of course, you need someone to want to trade, and have to be prepared for the scenario where there are no trade offers.  I would still take Chase at #3.  And I am not the least bit concerned that he took this season to prepare for the draft.  He will be fresh and is a massive talent.  Better than Green coming out of college.  Faster, with amazing routes and hands.  

That would be my hope. 

I’d love to have Chase if JAX takes Sewell, but man, leaving Sewell on the board for a WR? That would be a classic Mike Brown type move. I’d want someone tarred and feathered on the 50 yard line of PBS if that happened.

Also, since you never replied to the post in JN where I linked Sewell’s game against Auburn, I’ll bring it up again here (Killer Goose posted it earlier in this thread). Sewell went against one of the top DL’s in the country that game (including #7 pick Derrick Brown and #47 pick Marlon Davidson) so there’s tape out there vs high end competition from other power 5 conferences that shows how good he is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Nicomo Cosca - 11-26-2020, 11:31 AM