Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sewell or trade with QB needy teams?
(11-27-2020, 10:34 PM)samhain Wrote: If Joe is consistently given a little more time, the defense really just has to keep the other team under 30 on most days.  I wouldn't mind them going defense heavy in FA again if they plan to go crazy on OL on draft day.  Hopefully we'll be looking at a new DC who might want to bring in a few guys, anyway.

I'm kind of the opposite. Throw most of your money at the two FA guards, hope you get one and then pick a few of your current guys to re-sign. 

Reader and Waynes are under contract for at least a couple more years. Give Geno next year to see if he still has it, re-sign Lawson (as one of the guys i alluded to earlier) and then decide on Alexander or WJIII. Let Bynes walk (thanks for the effort and leadership) and give Wilson and ADG more snaps to go along with Pratt. Keep BWilson and let Sims walk. 

That's just top of the list stuff for the D, with some other decisions to be made lower in the roster and the D is set. 

Throw wads and wads of cash in hopes of getting one of the FA guards, draft Sewell and you have a fantastic offensive line. Skill players are all back, so you just have to decide what you're going to do with Green. Ross can walk. 

Then just hope the injury bug takes a ***** vacation from Cincinnati next year. 

P.S. I typed the word "hope" three times in this post. Anyone that knows my posting history knows that's three more times than i'd like to type it.  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - rfaulk34 - 11-27-2020, 10:46 PM