Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sewell or trade with QB needy teams?
(11-27-2020, 10:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Throw a ton of money at Scherff or Thuney and draft Sewell. 

Sewell--Spain--Hopkins--Scherff/Thuney--Williams

That line will kick ass and it allows you to use the rest of the draft on whatever the hell you want and be happy with it. 

If Joe is protected, the offense can hum and the defense is needy but not as needy if Joe isn't protected. 

I honestly feel like we need 2 high quality OL upgrades before the draft.  100% on board with Thuney.  Get him on a plane here and don't let him leave as soon as the tampering window starts.  Another guy I've kicked around is GB C Corey Lindsey.  C is usually your best FA value.  Trey is very average and could slide to either G spot or be a great backup.  I would also look hard at Saints RT Ryan Ramcyk.  The Saints are $90 million over the cap next year and he may a cap cut or available for trade.

Where I don't want to be is a situation where we are relying on Sewell to fix the OL.  There's no guarantee he makes it to us or that we don't get an offer we can't refuse for our pick.  Rookie OL also tend to struggle.  Even if we make 2 big adds on the OL, I have zero issues with taking Sewell, but I don't want to be in a position where we both need to draft him and need him to beat the averages and play at a high level next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Whatever - 11-28-2020, 04:37 PM