Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sewell or trade with QB needy teams?
(12-23-2020, 09:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Its has potential but it isn't even close compared to last years class. I believe 6 or 7 Offensive Tackles went in the first round of the 2020 draft.

Penei Sewell of course is the favorite but after him its iffy. 

Rashawn Slater has zero length so he fits some teams but not others. You see reports saying he does better straight forward instead of trying to reach block that's a length issue so teams that use heavy zone and run alot of zone stretch like the Rams 49ers Browns Vikings etc. will likely go a different direction.

Christian Darrisaw is probably the best after Sewell because he took a step forward in pass protection in 2020 and was always a solid run blocker.

Sam Cosmi is your typical finesse athletic tackle that you see every year. He is solid in pass pro but gives up ground to bull rushes and isnt a great run blocker.

Liam's Eichenberg is your veteran type. He is technically sound plays and seems to have the base line athleticism to play in the NFL. Reminds me alot of Jonah Williams as a prospect.

Dillon Radunz is the North Dakota State FCS tackle that hasn't played against great competition. His Senior Bowl practices will be very telling. 

Alex Leatherwood is your yearly Alabama tackle. He will get a shot on the edge in the pros but ultimately stiff ankles and hips could force him inside.

Jackson Carman is built and has the athleticism of an NFL caliber tackle and will play great most of the time but then just gets beat out of the blue never fails.

Jalen Mayfield was up and down in 2019 and was injured for most of 2020.

Yep. That's why i want Sewell, if he's there, and not someone included in a trade down scenario, from that group. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - rfaulk34 - 12-23-2020, 10:03 PM