Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media
(11-23-2020, 02:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Even if you're going to throw 60 times in a game, like we were on pace for yesterday, you can still do things to help your protection.

Saw quite a few empty backfields.  May have Gio back there to help pick up the blitz would have helped?  Also, maybe having a RB in the backfield doesn't key off the defense that it's an automatic pass?

Saw a couple of 5 Wide's.  Maybe having your TE, whose blocking you valued so much you took him in the 2nd round, on the line and picking up the edge would have helped?

Maybe run a split screen, or a quick out, and various super quick throws to counter the pressure.

Now maybe I'm wrong on all of the above. I very well could be.  I'm not an expert on playcalling, nor anywhere even remotely close to understanding the game like a professional.  But I do know there are ways you deal with pressure, and exploit it.

My biggest issue isn't just throwing a lot.  If you're down like we've been in a lot of games, that's going to lead to a lot of passes.  You have to try to win, so it's inevitable.  

My issue is throwing the ball 34 times in 33 minutes (on pace for over 60), in a 9-7 game that you're winning, with no real attempt at getting the ground game going.  My issue is doing this when Burrow had already taken some pretty big hits, with one already knocking helmet off.

Make some adjuments.  Bring two TE's in if you have to.  Be creative with the backs.  Just do something other than letting this kid keep dropping back and exposing himself to getting rocked.

Not to mention throwing the ball on 3 consecutive plays in the shadow of your own endzone with no room for QB to maneuver. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - bengalfan74 - 11-23-2020, 03:10 PM