Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media
(11-23-2020, 04:38 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: I largely agree with this.  In the offseason, there were too many roster holes to be filled.  So, there were tough decisions to be made, and the FO chose to focus on the defense in free agency instead of the O-Line.  Had they done the opposite; the fan base would be saying “how could they trot out that same garbage defense again”.  Same goes for the draft.  A lot of fans were wanting Josh Jones, which means we either don’t have T. Higgins or L. Wilson on the team right now.  With limited draft capital and cap space every player/prospect selected means missing out on another.  

There are 2 front office faults I see though:

1.      Not getting Bill Callahan in the offseason and letting him go to Cleveland instead.  I believe he could have gotten more out of our limited O-line talent than Turner  So, the whole o-line is greater than the sum of its parts.

2.      At the 2019 trade deadline, not doing a fire sale of contract year and aging talent.  The message at the time was “we’re not in the business of making other teams better”.  Reportedly, there were offers for AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Geno and others.  They’ve done little to help the Bengals win since then, but having those few extra draft picks in the 2020 draft could have gone a long way in helping to fill the numerous holes on the roster.    

This, so much this. Best post I've read in months....spot on.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-24-2020, 04:56 AM