Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media
(11-28-2020, 12:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Preach it, bro!

Joe Mixon is a good runner. He should be making rushing touchdowns every single game he plays. Giovani Bernard is also a good runner. He should be getting yardage in huge chunks. Samaje Perine in pretty much limited to north and south straight ahead rushing but if the line can open holes a runner like that can gash a defense.

For whatever it’s worth, I believe the run game would be better if the Bengals simply ran more often. Very few teams have successfully used the pass to set up the run for extended periods of time. Using the run to set up the pass provide a far more consistent offense, chews up the clock, and moves the chains between the red zones.  If people do not believe the Bengals have a run game problem, look how many touchdowns are scored through the air vice how many touchdowns are scored on the ground.  Cincinnati simply does not have the ability to punch the ball in from the goal line. Without this, a team cannot win.

I figure the 09 year and Benson might have taught this organization something.  Carson wasn't at his healthiest, Chad was declining, and the offense would have killed to have the kind of weapons we have now with Higgins, Boyd, and AJ as the 3rd wr, lol.  What did they do?  They ran Benson like a scalded dog, and he pounded defenses into submission.  It helped keep CP active for the season and it won them more games than they had any business winning that year.  The line wasn't the great line of the early Palmer era, nor was it the stellar group from the Dalton era.  They had Whit, but they were largely in transition.  They could run block their asses off.  

I thought going into the LA game that they'd run it just to help keep Bosa from killing Joe early.  Zac was bound and determined to live and die by Joe's arm this year.  I know Joe probably was happy to oblige, but you have to have a coach smart enough to limit that than let him grow without getting beat up.  Running helps keep the pass rush in check, but when there's little threat that they'll even try, the opposing rushers are going to attack all day.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - samhain - 11-28-2020, 01:46 PM