Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mike Brown Era, Will it Ever End?
(11-27-2020, 12:58 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I see no evidence that he has stepped away from the day to day operations.  His choice of head coach I think reflects that.  ZT and his staff's salaries are  likely very team friendly.  The team's off-season approach to the OL reflects this as well.  Had they really tried to do all they could to protect Burrow would have made a huge difference in how many of us feel about the team right now.  I just didn't feel that way then and even less now.

So, it seems MB's management style still lives on and I would think this will likely continue for some time yet.  Who knows what his kids can do?  MB has always blurred the lines of FO accountability.  

Mike Brown has access to the best health care that money can buy. He has already outlived his father could easily last another 15 years.
I have given up hope that he will ever step away on his own.  

To the bolded - Zac Taylor was actually not Mike Brown's choice. It was Katie and Troy Blackburn's decision.
https://sportsnaut.com/rumors-out-of-cincinnati-suggest-bengals-will-hire-zac-taylor/

Based on what we've seen so far, it looks like Katie Blackburn might actually be a worse decision-maker than her father.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mike Brown Era, Will it Ever End? - ochocincos - 11-27-2020, 03:05 PM