Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOOD or BAD? NFL SHUTDOWN!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-orders-shutdown-of-team-facilities-monday-and-tuesday-to-slow-spread-of-covid-19/ar-BB1bqUHW?li=BB15ms5q

NFL shutting down for 2 days.

I realize it's bad.  But I am wondering how this will affect us down the road?  I was worried this was going to happen.  Season might be over.

Let's get thoughts...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Okay. I'll start it out. Just say the season ends. Obviously (to me) that will:

-Heal us up for next year.
-Hopefully a new coaching staff.
-And top level pick.

Then we would...
Reply/Quote
Does this effect the salary cap situation? Because there are players we probably need to resign, extend, and sign a tier one or 2 FA in a guard.
Reply/Quote
As far as I’m concerned our season was over last Sunday in the 3rd quarter anyway.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 08:20 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Does this effect the salary cap situation? Because there are players we probably need to resign, extend, and sign a tier one or 2 FA in a guard.

Confused
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 08:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As far as I’m concerned our season was over last Sunday in the 3rd quarter anyway.

This
Reply/Quote
Uh, what time do the happy folks show up?
[Image: D985_21_912_1200.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Thread wasn't really meant to point out obvious things. I was thinking more about next season. But, you know...
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 09:20 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Thread wasn't really meant to point out obvious things. I was thinking more about next season. But, you know...

Hard to speculate on how that will look at this point.

Reply/Quote
How is this bad?

Clearly the problem is getting worse and they're trying to find a way to slow it down.

Will this be effective? Probably not but at least it's something.

Will effect the Bengals? Not really.

The only impact I can imagine this will have on the Bengals is possible draft position. And that might be in our favor.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 09:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hard to speculate on how that will look at this point.

True NC, I just thought we could talk about some potential positives that could  happen. 
Reply/Quote
No Monday and Tuesday in person, will have minimal effect. Monday is mostly meetings setting up for the next game and Tuesday is an off day. Everybody is already used to using Zoom for meetings. Players rehabbing will have access to the facility

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 09:20 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Thread wasn't really meant to point out obvious things.  I was thinking more about next season.  But, you know...

(11-28-2020, 09:54 AM)pally Wrote: No Monday and Tuesday in person, will have minimal effect.  Monday is mostly meetings setting up for the next game and Tuesday is an off day.  Everybody is already used to using Zoom for meetings.  Players rehabbing will have access to the facility

No interest in what this MIGHT mean for next season?  I guess I'm the only member who isn't hung over? 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 06:31 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-orders-shutdown-of-team-facilities-monday-and-tuesday-to-slow-spread-of-covid-19/ar-BB1bqUHW?li=BB15ms5q

I realize it's bad.  But I am wondering how this will affect us down the road?  I was worried this was going to happen.  Season might be over.

Let's get thoughts...

This sucks, we definitely don’t want the season to end. We will lose a bunch of games and help our draft stock if we play the rest of the year. That means better players next year. Also better chances certain coaches stick around if they have another excuse
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 06:31 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-orders-shutdown-of-team-facilities-monday-and-tuesday-to-slow-spread-of-covid-19/ar-BB1bqUHW?li=BB15ms5q

Let's get thoughts...

This should help the Bengals immensely. Two less days of practicing bad habits will result in massive improvement.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:27 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This should help the Bengals immensely.  Two less days of practicing bad habits will result in massive improvement.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Aren't we the only team with 2 wins? The Jets have 0, the Jags 1, so that puts us picking at 3. That's a pretty damn good spot to be.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 09:39 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: True NC, I just thought we could talk about some potential positives that could  happen. 

Not sure how positive/negative it will be, but I foresee a higher than average turnover rate coming this offseason.  I don't mean turnover as in fumbles and interceptions, but turnover as in personnel.  I think that we'll see teams reacting to the reduced salary cap by not signing as many lucrative free agent deals to players at or near the end of their career, but rather opting to fill out their rosters with younger, healthier, lower costing players.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: Aren't we the only team with 2 wins? The Jets have 0, the Jags 1, so that puts us picking at 3. That's a pretty damn good spot to be.

That's one thing that caught my thoughts.  Plus, we have (or they) more time to realize change is needed.  You know, in theory.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:35 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That's one thing that caught my thoughts.  Plus, we have (or they) more time to realize change is needed.  You know, in theory.

Unfortunately, Mike Brown’s idea of change is far different than ours. His idea of change is putting 93 octane in the Chevy Lumina one day instead of his usual 87.
Reply/Quote