Poll: Do You Want Zac Taylor to Return for Year 3?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please)
(11-30-2020, 09:49 PM)Benton Wrote: I'll admit, I'm kinda torn.

I don't like the fact we were on pace to set rookie throwing records, especially after it was clear we weren't going to the playoffs. But honestly, we started a rookie QB who had virtually no preseason, and through the first four games we were 0-3-1... but only one of those games was by more than a touchdown. I mean, it stinks, but the only times we've just gotten drop kicked was Baltimore and Pitt. The last two losses (Washington and New York) would have been wins without the injury. Through the last five games, Baltimore and Pitt are really the only ones I felt like we were going to get tested on.

So, no injury, we finish the season maybe close to .500. That's like a Marvin season (which I hated) but with a rookie QB and worse players/staff.

I said after last season I was willing to give ZT this year to see if we were trending in the right direction. Healthy Burrow and if it players out like I think it would have, then he would've been doing that.

Plus, I'll give him some slack over the defense. We haven't invested a lot on building that side of things and we've got a pretty bad coordinator.

So, I'm still up in the air. I wasn't a fan of everything I saw, but I did see a good draft in his first real draft. I saw players getting better. I saw him willing to take a chance on guys like Higgins (not sure Marvin would have).

I'd love to have a "good" HC. But any guy you take is going to be a gamble. I mean, I don't want to be Belichick and the Browns; on the flipside, I don't want to repeat being Marvin and the Bengals.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.  At least I saw "flashes" of elite performance on offense.  This is an offensive league.  With a couple more weapons and the line solidified, I could see the offense really take off.  I don't think I can imagine anything Anarumo does being considered even "good".  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please) - SHRacerX - 12-03-2020, 10:30 AM