Poll: Do You Want Zac Taylor to Return for Year 3?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please)
(12-02-2020, 05:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow.  I was one of the 10 that said I wanted him back.  I see flashes of a great offensive mind, but the defensive mind just isn't cutting the mustard.  To be fair, the defense had a lot of injuries as well, but as someone pointed out, SF 49ers have more injuries and a better record.  

I guess I want to give him one more year to see how it goes, but I really dislike the offensive line coach and the defensive coordinator.  As I brought up in another thread, I don't know who would be the best candidate for DC, but I think Anarumo just is outfoxed by almost every OC. I know the subject of this is Zac but I wanted to voice my thoughts with those two.

Zac had a brief period where Burrow was being protected and the weapons that worked their way to the front of the depth chart were being very effective together.  That all fell apart against pitt.  That game was a huge disappointment for me.  The offense just did...nothing.  Having to play pitt and baltimore twice and looking like such duds against them is pretty damning evidence that he is overmatched. 

The one thing I would like to see him get is a weapon like JaMarr Chase.  I think the offensive line could be really solid if they added Joe Thuney.  See what that offense can do.  That's all I'm hoping for.  This is an offensive league and you need a team that can put of 30 on anyone to have a chance.  I think he could get the Bengals to that with the weapons I mentioned.

Get Reader back, get Waynes back, sign Alexander and WJIII, draft heavy on the defensive line and the defense might go from awful to average in one season.  I am not a big fan of Anarumo, and have a feeling he will be the fall guy...but that is why I give ZT one more year.  

What....the....shit?

Taylor had one jaw dropping moment from during his time with the Bengals: The 4th down play when Gio motioned out to get open against the Browns.

What other moments did you see flashes of an offensive genius?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please) - THE Bigzoman - 12-04-2020, 09:49 AM