Poll: Do You Want Zac Taylor to Return for Year 3?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please)
(11-30-2020, 08:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not guaranteeing that Taylor won't be back next season, but people have to stop saying he won't be fired because "that is the way they have always done it" because things have changed.  

Not one single person predicted that we would spend $145 million of free agents last offseason.   Instead EVERYONE said that they would treat free agency they way they always had.

Personally I think all the money they spent in free agency will make them more likely to replace Taylor.  The Brown's like their money and they don't want to keep a coach who is wasting it.  

Plus the Bengals can't even sell out PBS with only 12,000 tickets available.  No matter how many people were excited by Burrow he won't sell tickets next year.  He has shown flashes of brilliance, but he is still the 23rd ranked QB who only won 2 of 10 games.  Race fans may be excited to see the worlds fastest car, but they won't pay to see some amateur drive it at 50 miles an hour and finish in last place  And that is all Bengal fans are getting from Burrow under Taylor.
Agree with you on this one Fred. While we know MB would prefer not to fire his coach, this year was bad enough that even he has to be considering it. I also agree that the JB bump in fan excitement is not enough to sell tickets. His injury after everyone was concerned about the O-line being poor has led to increase frustration with the organization. A good showing against Baltimore may have helped ZT but at the end of the day ZT has not shown much in two years. He inherited a poor team but management did provide him with players to produce better results and he failed. He also is responsible for the coaches and it is clear his hiring there wasn't great. 

Not being able to sell 12K tickets during a year when ppl are starving for live sports is the most telling stats though. I don't live near Cincinnati but can imagine that the energy around the Bengals is not good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please) - CanadianBengal - 01-04-2021, 10:16 AM