Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction
(01-07-2021, 10:57 AM)Whatever Wrote: A big thing to look at is coaching and also the type of prospect you're looking at.

Ohio State has had the same OL coach since '16.  He's had a couple of highly touted busts in Elflein and Price that are similar in skill set and athletic ability to Davis. MJ is also a disappointment, but he was basically a guy being drafted for traits instead of being a polished player.

Oregon changed OL coaches in '18.  Lemieux is a totally different kind of prospect than Sewell.  He was an athletically limited G with a mean streak that got by by bullying and overpowering inferior competition.  Now that he's facing NFL talent, he simply can't keep up.  Sewell is a guy with ridiculous upside who is very raw.  You're drafting him for his traits, not as a finished product.

Oh I know, I’m a huge Oregon fan. I wasn’t trying to sow an skepticism around Sewell. He is a freak and I believe he is the real deal. If he is there, that pick should take less than 10 seconds.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction - KillerGoose - 01-07-2021, 11:15 AM