Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction
(02-17-2021, 04:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you can;t have too many good lineman it breds great competition  plus most FA signings are 2/3 years and a draft pick you can have locked up for longer.. and with injuries and  today's players are less and less type cast into a tackle position I take a tackle/guard that is within your board at #5 pick

Most "good" FAs are signed for 4+ years, which is as much or more than a draft pick's length of contract.

What 1st round OL are being taken as T/G without putting them at OT initially? There have been a couple guys (like Jonah Williams or Rashawn Slater) who are being labeled with that flexibility, but it's typically been because of lack of length and/or athleticism and concern they may not be able to hack it at OT. OG is basically a fallback option.

If I'm taking an OL at 5, I want it to be OT or Quinton Nelson. Rashawn Slater is not someone I'd take at 5 unless I'm certain he could be a very good NFL OT, as he's never played OG before. And if the Bengals are set on Jonah Williams playing LT and they get a good RT in FA, I don't want the 5th pick being on OL. Get one of the stud pass catchers and get a G in Rd 2.

Last, you "can" have too many good OL. You can only start 2 OT, 2 OG, and 1 C. If you have more than that, you could be wasting that talent sitting on the bench. The Bengals don't right now, but would you really spend a 1st round pick on an OT if your starters were set? I doubt it. You'd probably use it on another position that could help more, no?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction - ochocincos - 02-17-2021, 04:20 PM