Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction
(02-17-2021, 04:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Most "good" FAs are signed for 4+ years, which is as much or more than a draft pick's length of contract.

What 1st round OL are being taken as T/G without putting them at OT initially? There have been a couple guys (like Jonah Williams or Rashawn Slater) who are being labeled with that flexibility, but it's typically been because of lack of length and/or athleticism and concern they may not be able to hack it at OT. OG is basically a fallback option.

If I'm taking an OL at 5, I want it to be OT or Quinton Nelson. Rashawn Slater is not someone I'd take at 5 unless I'm certain he could be a very good NFL OT, as he's never played OG before. And if the Bengals are set on Jonah Williams playing LT and they get a good RT in FA, I don't want the 5th pick being on OL. Get one of the stud pass catchers and get a G in Rd 2.

Last, you "can" have too many good OL. You can only start 2 OT, 2 OG, and 1 C. If you have more than that, you could be wasting that talent sitting on the bench. The Bengals don't right now, but would you really spend a 1st round pick on an OT if your starters were set? I doubt it. You'd probably use it on another position that could help more, no?

Lineman are probably one of the most injured position we have multiple holes and lack of depth and Burrow is the key to team and needs a better line so yes I would take Oline at #5 if their board has one in the top 10 .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction - Essex Johnson - 02-18-2021, 10:03 AM