Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to a Wide Zone Blocking Scheme
(01-12-2021, 02:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The run game was actually really good and here was the OL that year:
- Glenn
- Boling
- Price
- Redmond
- Hart

It's not like it was a stellar OL. Pollack found a way to make the OL effective with Price, Redmond, and Hart. I don't think a full overhaul is needed. Just better coaching.

You make some excellent points as usual but I wouldn’t characterize the 2018 run game as “really good.” It was better than what we have now by a lot but it was not good; I think somebody mentioned the Bengals being 21st in the league that year. It’s all relative because when you’re pretty much dead last 21st looks darn good in comparison.

I was fascinated the other night watching the Cleveland Browns manhandle the Pittsburgh Steelers up front. That doesn’t happen often. The Browns found a way to open holes and sustain blocks and Nick Chubb certainly took advantage of it. This is what I am hoping for with Cincinnati and Joe Mixon along with Giovani Bernard. Both of these backs are super talented but without a crease they are going nowhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back to a Wide Zone Blocking Scheme - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-12-2021, 06:01 PM