Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to a Wide Zone Blocking Scheme
(01-12-2021, 06:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You make some excellent points as usual but I wouldn’t characterize the 2018 run game as “really good.” It was better than what we have now by a lot but it was not good; I think somebody mentioned the Bengals being 21st in the league that year.  It’s all relative because when you’re pretty much dead last 21st looks darn good in comparison.

I was fascinated the other night watching the Cleveland Browns manhandle the Pittsburgh Steelers up front. That doesn’t happen often.  The Browns found a way to open holes and sustain blocks and Nick Chubb certainly took advantage of it. This is what I am hoping for with Cincinnati and Joe Mixon along with Giovani Bernard.   Both of these backs are super talented but without a crease they are going nowhere.

I mislabeled as "the running game" but I was referring to Mixon's performance, as he was the main RB. He was 4th in rushing and tied for 11th in YPC the year Pollack was the OL coach.

In fact, I remember specifically the only thing I was excited about with Zac Taylor coming in was how well Mixon ran in 2018 and then knowing how Gurley was used with the Rams. I was hopeful that Mixon was going to become TG 2.0.

Alas, it did not happen.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back to a Wide Zone Blocking Scheme - ochocincos - 01-12-2021, 06:26 PM