Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
I voted no, but it was closer than I'd like to admit. Watson is a superstar -- 3-time pro bowler, has won in the playoffs, and he just had his best season ever (by far) with the least amount of help (no Hopkins, lost Fuller to suspension, etc.). He carried the Texans to 4 wins and is easily a top-5 QB in the league. IMO, he should have been 2nd team All-Pro this year, or at least tied with Mahomes over Josh Allen. In contrast, Burrow is a rookie, coming off a severe injury, is only one year younger than Watson, and, though promising, we really don't know if he'll ever approach Watson's current production (although I think he will).

Deciding factor for me is that, despite Watson's brilliance, the Texans still had a worse record than Bengals. Watson to Bengals may give us 2-4 more wins, but it doesn't make us a playoff team. We still have a ton of holes, specifically on defense, that we won't be able to fill by taking on his salary. Although he prob would make our o-line look better ...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - shanebo - 01-13-2021, 02:36 PM