Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-13-2021, 01:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This.

Fwiw, I think Watson is a player I would avoid like the plague if I were other teams.  He just signed his extension in September, many months after Hopkins has been traded.  So just 5 months later he wants out?

You can't say Hopkins changed his mind.  And I'm not sure how he could be that upset about Bill O'Brien getting canned, as he deserved to be fired as much as any HC I've ever seen.  So this is all about him not getting the GM he wanted?   Like Bill O'Brien was such a good GM (not a good coach) that Nick Caserio is such a downgrade and completely unacceptable?

Caserio, who was the director of Player Personnel for the Patriots from 2008-2020 (one of the greatest 12 year runs you'll find in the history of the NFL) is the straw that broke the camel's back?  GTFO...

Imagine giving a QB a 27 million dollar signing bonus, with 111 million in guarantees in September, and he wants out in January?  All because he doesn't like the new GM.  The guy doesn't even know who his coaches are yet.  And this primadonna is so upset that he won't even take calls from the billionaire owner who just made him one of the richest athletes the sport has ever seen.

Deshaun Watson is a douche.  Plain and simple.

Not to make this political,  but I believe Watson is upset over the franchise's social justice stance and perhaps hiring Caserio without interviewing any black GMs as has been reported,  finally caused him to "snap."

That's what's been reported. I don't believe this has too much to do with their future win potential.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - masterpanthera_t - 01-13-2021, 03:56 PM