Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-14-2021, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not jumping on you for your opinion, but this is the thought process that got them from a playoff team to a four win team.  And they actually gave up their first round pick this year (ended up being #3 overall...ouch) to get him a better LT.  They still won 4 games.  Russell Wilson is dealing with the same thing.

You are dead on, though, on your ranking of Watson.  He is incredible.  Hard to believe how he was crapped on coming out of Clemson.  I see a lot of similarities with Justin Fields.  Fields might be the most amazing athlete I have seen play QB in ages.  He just glides when he runs, but OSU wisely tried to make him more of a pocket passer to develop him, instead of just a running QB.  There have been plays where Fields handed the ball off, and actually caught his RB running down the field to block for him.  I have no idea what his 40 time will be, but he is going to be a stud in the NFL.  I just hope he doesn't end up in pitt.   

Ohhhh, c'mon Racer. How is Fields possibly the best athlete you've seen at QB in ages when Lamar Jackson just came out three years ago? Or Kyler Murray two years ago? Hell, say what you will about Pryor and his QB abilities, but he was such a stellar athlete that he switched to receiver and recorded a 1000 yard season. Robert Griffin, Mariota, the list goes on-and-on. Fields is a good athlete but there are plenty of other QBs that are legitimately great athletes and not just 'good'.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - KillerGoose - 01-14-2021, 11:25 AM