Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-14-2021, 11:25 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ohhhh, c'mon Racer. How is Fields possibly the best athlete you've seen at QB in ages when Lamar Jackson just came out three years ago? Or Kyler Murray two years ago? Hell, say what you will about Pryor and his QB abilities, but he was such a stellar athlete that he switched to receiver and recorded a 1000 yard season. Robert Griffin, Mariota, the list goes on-and-on. Fields is a good athlete but there are plenty of other QBs that are legitimately great athletes and not just 'good'.

Because Fields is 6'3" and 230 lbs and moves like a RB.  Both Lamar Jackson and Murray are tiny by comparison.  Fields impresses me that he has crazy long speed, but also has great strength and quick-twitch phone booth quickness.  There were times where he stuck his foot in the ground and left people in his dust.  

Calling Fields a "good" athlete is your right, but he is way beyond good.  Again, they tried to make him a pocket QB to protect and develop him.  Murray threw a TON of his passes outside the pocket, as did Jackson, and both struggle when there aren't throwing lanes open due to their size.  Fields was rushing on occasion when he had to.  It wasn't schemed as it is with Murray and Jackson.  There were only a few plays where you saw his pure athleticism as a rusher, and he is crazy good.  

I'm sure this will get chalked up as an OSU homer, but I am far from that.  Fields is a ridiculous talent, athletically speaking.  I can't help but wonder if Urban Meyer going to Jax won't pull something like a ridiculous trade for Lawrence, and draft Fields and get a ton for the first overall pick to build his team around him.  I think he knows Fields as well as anyone.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - SHRacerX - 01-14-2021, 01:50 PM