Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-14-2021, 02:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: We will have to agree to disagree then. I see a good athlete, I don't see "best athlete in ages" when I watch Fields. You call Lamar tiny, but he is 6'2 and 216 pounds, likely runs a 4.3 with elite agility and insane body control. He is arguably the best athlete to play QB in the NFL, ever. Kyler is also an insane athlete, despite his size. He is 5'10, but 207 pounds. Also likely runs a 4.3 and he is able to make defenses look silly. Guys like Robert Griffin (6'2, 223) and Mariota (6'4, 222 pounds) also fit the bill of great athletes. They had schemed rushes for them because they ARE elite athletes and it is such a dangerous weapon, why wouldn't you use it? If you have an elite athlete at QB, you don't ignore that. You implement that into your offense. 

Fields is obviously going to be a running threat, but when I hear someone talking about an elite athlete, I think of their homerun ability. Lamar is a threat to take it home on any single play. Kyler is a threat to take it home on any single play. I don't see that with Fields, and I certainly don't think he is leading the pack with guys like Lamar, Griffin, Murray, Newton, Mariota, Pryor and others all fitting the bill. 

Jackson is the only guy I see as a superior athlete to Fields on this list, but even then, he isn't as big and strong, and Fields, IMHO, is a better passer of the ball.  The Ravens caught the league off guard last year with the middle of the field attack and based of a run-heavy formation.  He rightfully won the NFL MVP that year, but he isn't tearing up the league with his arm this year.  He added some size and strength when he came in to the league, but I can't help but think that running is so much a part of his game, that his injury likelihood is greater than most QBs.  Thus far, he has proven that wrong.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - SHRacerX - 01-14-2021, 02:58 PM