Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
I think it's an interesting and thought-provoking scenario, but not as one to compare Burrow and Watson, but rather whether people think that a single player can completely elevate and change the team. And I think the answer to that is no. If it was backyard football and Watson was calling his own plays, maybe. But this is still a team being led by an OC who seems clueless, so I think you'd see Watson regress and the other gaps still there on the team.

I also don't like the financial impact, and I'm too lazy because this is just a crazy scenario to dig into how much the Bengals would actually take on vs what Houston still had to pay out.

I think Watson is a great player. His locker room persona is a little concerning if he's asking out now. And we have no idea what Burrow's ceiling is, or how he'll come back from injury. But there's just no way I'd be inclined to take the trade straight up with the rookie deal Burrow is on, questions about the cap moving and not knowing how things will play out over the next couple of seasons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - MileHighGrowler - 01-14-2021, 08:20 PM